In the past few years, Changli County has insisted on a strategy of developing the county with ecology, industry, opening up, and innovation under the perspective of future development trends and actual local conditions, making every effort to build four “micro centers” on the axis of Beijing, Tangshan, and Qinhuangdao including ecological health care, industrial agglomeration, commerce and logistics, and innovation and entrepreneurship.
We have adhered to the overall concept of “focusing on resources, innovation, and integration”, to develop the industrial revitalization, taking the wine, fur, and metal material industries as the tipping points, and making characteristic industries better and stronger by super means.
I. Overall Conditions for Characteristic Industries
In 2019, the sectors of wine, fur and metal material of Changli County were included in the characteristic industrial clusters of Hebei Province. The wine and the fur sectors were listed among the top 100 provincial key supporting industrial clusters. Since the beginning of this year, the characteristic industries in Changli county have overcome the impact of the epidemic, and their development momentum has continued to improve. According to the development data of 121 characteristic industrial clusters in Hebei province provided by the Provincial Department of Industry and Information Technology, in the first half of this year, the operating income of 3 characteristic industrial clusters in our county was 10.536 billion yuan, accounting for 85.4% of the operating income of 6 characteristic industrial clusters in Qinhuangdao, which strongly supported the economic development of our county and even our city, and Changli County ranked top 10 in Hebei province with an operating income exceeding 10 billion yuan. Now, please allow me to give you an introduction on the development of characteristic industries in our county.
II. The Work Done by the Government
1. Optimizing top-level design. We have set up an industrial revitalization leading group with the county Party committee secretary and county chief as its leaders, to coordinate and promote the industrial revitalization works. Since last year, the leaders of the county Party committee and county government have made statements on industrial revitalization and development, and held 10 special meetings, to deploy and research the development of characteristic industries. At the same time, we have given full play to the leading role of planning; invited well-known companies specializing in characteristic industries, to compile the Industry Development Plan and Three-Year Revitalization Plan for three characteristic industries with high standards. In particular, we invited the Metallurgical Industry Economic Development Research Center and Shanghai University to formulate the Steel Industry High-quality Development Plan of Changli County, to standardize and guide the high-quality development of the metal material industry—the pillar industry of Changli County, which was approved at the meeting presided over by Academician Wang Haizhou and Liu Zhengdong of the Chinese Academy of Engineering on September 10.
2. Improving the contracted mechanism. We have established a county-level leadership contracted working mechanism, with clarified division of labor and refined responsibilities, to strengthen the inspection and solution, and guarantee the development of characteristic industries. Since 2019, more than 56 issues have been handled, including 3,600-mu(240 hectares) land use index for Anfeng Iron and Steel, and Hongxing Iron and Steel, 3A-level scenic spot application of Jiapeng Group, construction of corporate design center of Penghao Garment Co., Ltd., 3A-level scenic spot application of the King’s Chateau, and the construction of Maotai Phoenix Chateau.
3. Strengthening policy support. Adhering to the orientation of optimizing structure, expanding the chain, and promoting integration, with the goal of building a modern industrial system with high-quality development, we issued supporting policies and regulations such as Preferential Policies for Investment Promotion of Changli Fur Industrial Park, Opinions on Further Accelerating the Development of Fur Industry, and Serving Plan for Iron and Steel Enterprises of Changli County, Technical Specifications for the Cultivation of Marselan Wine Grapes in the Jieshishan Production Region in Hebei Province, and Marselan Wine Standards in the Jieshishan Production Region in Hebei Province, to guide and support the development of characteristic industries in an normative and scientific way.
III. Development path and specific measures for characteristic industries
1. Focus on “innovation, brand, integration”, accelerate the transformation and rise of the wine industry.
Changli has a history of nearly 500 years of grape cultivation. It is the birthplace of “China’s first bottle of dry red wine”, and hailed as the “Hometown of Dry Red Wine in China” “Hometown of Wine Grapes in China” “National Agricultural Industrialization Demonstration Base”, etc.. “Changli Wine” is the first national geographical indication protected product in Chinese wine industry. The Jieshishan production region is the first “small production region of wine in Hebei province and the third in China certified by the China Alcoholic Drinks Association.
Changli County always regards the wine industry as a dominant industry, especially in July 2018, when the provincial party committee secretary Wang Dongfeng came to Changli for inspection, he put forward the “ten instructions and requirements” for the revitalization of the wine industry, which is the new starting point for us to reshape the image of Changli production region. Taking advantage of the favorable policies of the province and city, we adhere to integrate the production, life, and ecology, strive to construct the wineries into excellent high-end manors, reform the industrial formats, models, and concepts, and make every effort to quickly seize opportunity of the new round development.
China’s first bottle of dry red wine was born in Changli in 1983. There are currently 27 wine-making enterprises (including 12 boutique wineries), 6 specialty family chateaus, with a total processing capacity of 140 thousand tons. The industrial cluster has been formed such as planting, brewing, oak barrel production, color printing packaging, wine bottle manufacturing, cork production, logistics distribution, leisure tourism, and health care. In 2019, the total industrial output value was 3.66 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3%, taxes paid 330 million yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3%, and 23,240 employees, a year-on-year increase of 2%.
2. Focus on "improving standards, quality, and efficiency", accelerate the growth of the fur industry.
Changli’s fur industry has developed for more than 40 years; the industrial cluster has initially formed integrating breeding, trade, processing and service. Changli County was awarded the “Hometown of Raccoon Dog Breeding in China”, “China’s Fur Industry Circular Economy Demonstration County”, and “China’s Fur Industry Base.” “Changli Raccoon Fur” has become a national geographical indication certification mark, and “Changli fur” was awarded the regional public brand of agricultural product in Hebei Province.
Changli County always regards the fur industry as an industry that enriches the people and strengthens the county, striving to improve the standard, quality and efficiency with the great opportunity of including the fur industry park into the provincial park. Changli County spares no effort to upgrade the industry structure, develops an environment-friendly economic pattern, and optimizes the development format, so as to accelerate the rise and growth of the fur industry.
In 2019, the total number of fur animals raised in the county was 8.6 million, a year-on-year increase of 7.5%. The total output of raccoon furs ranked first in China, and the breeding base had obvious advantages; the annual transaction of furs is 16 million, a year-on-year increase of 6.6%, accounts for 50% of that in Hebei province. Changli has become China’s biggest fur trading center; the fur industry cluster achieved an output value of 12 billion yuan, an increase of 7.1% year-on-year, benefiting over 100,000 farmers with more than 2 billion yuan each year.
3. Focus on “resolutely cutting overcapacity, taking the initiative to adjust the structure, and speeding up the transformation”, accelerate the transformation of the metal material industry.
After 30 years of development, Changli’s metal material industry has realized the transformation from low-end crude and ordinary steel to high-end and high-quality steel. The industrial cluster has initially formed with metallurgical casting, new building materials, and machinery manufacturing. The cutting capacity goal of the “Thirteenth Five-Year Plan” has achieved. In the next step, we will build a new material manufacturing demonstration base for green steel represented by rare earth corrosion-resistant steel products, from which we got the confidence to rename the steel industry to a metal material industry. Anfeng and Hongxing have been listed among the top 500 private enterprises in China and the top 500 manufacturing companies in China for many years.
Changli County always regards the metal material industry as a green pillar industry, with ecological and environmental protection as the bottom line, high-end intelligence as the lead, and diversified integration as the goal, to strengthen standards, highlight circular development, and accelerate structural optimization, chain extension, technological upgrading, and elements reorganization. The quality, efficiency and ecological environment have been improved, and the “green steel” brand renowned.
Changli County boasted 12 metal material enterprises above designated scale in 2019, including Anfeng Steel, Hongxing Steel, Xingguo Precision Castings, Xingmin Steel Structure, Runfeng Metal, and Huajie Sewing Machine, etc. The county’s metal material industry produced 10.31 million tons of iron and 10.53 million tons of steel, basically realizing the transformation from crude steel to construction and manufacturing steel such as bar, wire, plate, and profile steel. The total output value was 49.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.75%, taxes were 3.1 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 14.81%, and 17,000 jobs created.
IV. Future Goals
In order to promote the high-quality development of characteristic industries, fully explore the resource advantages, make the characteristic industries bigger, stronger and better, and truly play the role of the engine and stabilizer of the county’s economy, we will start with the following aspects in the next step.
1. Give full play to the role of technological innovation, build a platform for government, industry, education and research. The government provides enterprises with platforms, cooperate with universities and research institutes, and establishes industry think tanks, to provide high-level intellectual support for the development and construction of Changli’s characteristic industries.
2. Strengthen project construction, gradually cultivate industrial pivots. We will strengthen the concept that “investment determines the development speed and economic structure”, accelerate project construction and provide power support for the development of characteristic industries.
2. Establish and improve a sound communication mechanism that serves enterprises. We will establish a communication mechanism between government departments and enterprises, solve their problems, promote the in-depth integration of the “Plan” formulated by the government departments with the production and operation activities of enterprises, and ensure the healthy development of the industry.
4. Establish and improve incentive mechanisms, realize mutual promotion and win-win situation between enterprises and the government. We will establish and improve working mechanisms for publicity and promotion, supervision, evaluation, and commendation, strengthen policy innovation, set models, promote effective experience, and award outstanding enterprises, townships, parks, related departments and strategic investors who make great contributions, so that they will truly play a role as models, and stimulate an active and vigorous atmosphere throughout the county.
International Channel Mobile Client