Characteristic industries are the lifeblood of the county’s economy, and the development of characteristic industries in counties are an important starting point for achieving stable employment and increasing income and fiscal revenue, enriching the people and strengthening the county. In recent years, the municipal Party committee and government have attached great importance to the revitalization of county-level characteristic industries, issued a series of policies and measures, focused on 12 development paths including innovation, standards, brands, and industrial designs, implemented the “six one” project to integrate resources, and offer precise services. The characteristic industries in counties of Qinhuangdao are full of vitality.
In 2019, the operating income of each of the 6 county-level characteristic industrial clusters in our city exceeded 1 billion yuan, including 2 characteristic industrial clusters of over 10 billion yuan. There are the wine, high-end metal and fur industries in Changli County, sweet potato and prefabricated construction industries in Lulong County, and the deep processing industry of special agricultural products in Qinglong County. The wine and fur industries in Changli County are rated as one of the 107 county-level characteristic industrial clusters supported by Hebei Province. In addition, there are some small-scale county industrial clusters in our city, such as the vermicelli industry cluster, and the hat-making industry cluster in Changli County, and the wine industry cluster in Lulong County. In 2019, the main business income of each of the 6 characteristic industry clusters exceeded 1 billion yuan, including 2 characteristic industry clusters of over 10 billion yuan, where the operating income reached 76.81 billion yuan. Since the beginning of this year, the wine and the fur industries have resumed work. Production, due to the epidemic outbreak, saw market demand decrease, and operating income has fallen sharply. From January to September 2020, county-level characteristic industry clusters have achieved an operating income of 50.321 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 6.06%.
I. Strengthen organizational leadership.
1. Implementation of the unified deployment of the provincial government. In June 2019, the General Office of the People’s Government of Hebei Province issued the “Notice on Printing and Distributing the Work Plan for the Revitalization of Characteristic Industries in Hebei Province”, and the Leading Group for the Promotion of County Characteristic Industries in Hebei Province issued the “Notice on Printing and Distributing the Implementation Plan for Provincial Government Leaders’ Contracted County-level Characteristic Industries”(Ji Characteristic Industry  No. 1), to which the Qinhuangdao Municipal Party Committee and Government attaches great importance, and issued the “Implementation Plan for Municipal Government Leaders’ Contracted County-level Characteristic Industries.”
2. Establishment of coordination agencies. A leading group of county-level characteristic industry revitalization work was established with the mayor as the team leader, the deputy mayor as the deputy team leader, the deputy secretary-general, and the main leaders of 9 departments including the Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology and the Municipal Development and Reform Commission as the members, to lead the city’s characteristic industry revitalization work, counterparts were set up in counties and districts.
3. Clarified goals and tasks. The goal of county-level characteristic industry work has been formulated. By 2022, the total operating income will exceed 100 billion yuan, and the total operating income 120 billion yuan by 2025. The main tasks include formulating characteristic industry plans, promoting the construction of major projects, improving the innovation capabilities of characteristic industries, supporting leading enterprises, and improving the aggregation and supporting functions.
4. Establishment of a leadership contracted service mechanism. The provincial, municipal and country leaders contracted system was established for the revitalization of county-level characteristic industries, to define the division of labor, and provide good services in accordance with the principles of one characteristic industry with one municipal government leader, one leading department, and one work group.
Since the beginning of this year, the leader has conducted inspection and handled difficulties for the characteristic industries and leading enterprises. Since the outbreak of the epidemic, 106 problems such as enterprises’ resumption of work and production have been solved.
II. Do a good job in resuming work and production in characteristic industrial clusters.
1. Epidemic prevention and control. We have formulated the “Work Plan for the Epidemic Prevention and Control and the Resumption of work and Production of Characteristic Industrial Clusters in Qinhuangdao City” “Contingency Plan for the Epidemic Prevention and Control of the Resumed Enterprises in Qinhuangdao City” and “Operating Points of the Epidemic Prevention and Control of Enterprises in Qinhuangdao City”, to guide the epidemic prevention and control and resumption of work and production of the characteristic industrial clusters.
2. Increase of policy support. Based on the national and provincial policies and measures, we issued the “Opinions on Supporting Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises to Fight COVID-19” (Qin Zhengzi  No. 3), putting forward 10 policies to support enterprises, and the “Notice on Supporting Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises to Fight COVID-19” , formulating 18 measures.
3. Acceleration of the construction of the service platform. We have given full play to the role of the public service platform for small and medium-sized enterprises, and published to enterprises the e-books of the “Compilation of Related Regulations on the COVID-19 Prevention and Control” and the “Compilation of Policies and Measures to Support the Sustainable and Healthy Development of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises during the Period of the National, Provincial and Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control”. Downloads reached 260 that day.
4. Micro-course training for characteristic industries and SMEs. We have conducted micro-course training for SMEs of characteristic industry clusters, in the way of lecturing, cases analyzing, questioning and answering through live platforms such as Xiao’etong and Qianliao. 18,900 people from 2,260 SMEs have participated in 98 sessions of training since March 12. Based on the provincial government and enterprise service platform, we have received 190 questions from the enterprises, and answered 96.8% of them.
5. We have solved more than 200 problems for raw materials and transportation for enterprises through carrying out government-enterprise, production-demand, and government-bank-enterprise docking meetings.
Promote enterprises into the park for the development of characteristic industrial clusters. We have taken various parks as the main carriers for the development of characteristic industries, encouraging sectors to gather in the parks, and introducing talents, funds, technology and other elements to the parks. The high-end metal industry starts from the western part of Changli and 3 billion yuan will be invested within three years, in order to improve the hardware and software of iron and steel enterprises. A 4A-class characteristic steel town covering 200 square kilometers west of Changli will be built, to boost the steel industry and tourism, achieving the green and sustainable development of the entire industry.
We will invest 2.46 billion yuan in the fur industry, to build a new fur town that is livable, suitable for business and tourism in accordance with the standards of 4A-level scenic spots, creating a tourist center and new industrial city integrating leisure, vacation and shopping. We will build the Jieshi National Park and the boutique route of the “Romantic Wine Experience” tour, creating a boutique tourism format, promoting the in-depth integration of wine and other industries, building a wine characteristic town, to promote the development of tourism and other related industries. We will develop the prefabricated construction industry, with Longcheng Industrial Park and Shimen Industrial Park in Lulong County as the main carriers, with key projects such as Yongxiang, Weishi, Yongrui, Lingbi, and Kangniu as the leading and supporting enterprises, to accelerate the entire industry chain of prefabricated construction enterprises integrating green building materials, prefabricated building components, and prefabricated construction technology services.
III. Acceleration of the project construction to promote the development of characteristic industries. We will invest 5.662 billion yuan in high-end metal industry, constructing the Anfeng Iron and Steel Cold Rolling Project (Phase I), Shunxian Steel’s annual output of 1.5 million tons of metal rolling and deep processing, Zhongchuang’s precision parts with an annual output of 10,000 tons of precision castings, Hanglun Technology’s bicycles and functional alloy parts.
We have invested 2.7 billion yuan in 4 wine industry projects, among which the Jinshi Wine Chateau is preparing the phase II project, the Huaxia Yiyang Zhongxiang No. 1 Winery Project has been nearing completion; the Longhao Winery Project has completed the construction of the vineyard and the main winery, with its workshops still under construction. The main structure of the production plant of the Maotai Phoenix Winery Project has been completed, and its comprehensive building has been completed.
We have invested 35.1 million yuan in the sweet potato industry, completing Qingxi Agriculture’s 1,700 mu (113.3 hectares) of pollution-free planting, Zhongtuo Food’s processing project of 50 thousand tons of sweet potato starch, the pollution-free treatment of powder residue feed and slurry water.
In terms of the prefabricated construction industry, Lingbiao Technology’s first production line for the new energy-saving ultra-thin rock slabs with an annual output of 8 million square meters was successfully commissioned on October 4, the Kangniu’s Renewable Resource Utilization Industrial Park, and Zhutai’s New Building Materials and production line of 80 thousand sets of integrated cabinets were also completed.
In terms of characteristic agricultural product deep processing, Baifeng Trading plans to invest 104 million yuan in a new comprehensive development project; Zhonghong Sanrong will invest 470 million yuan in three phases, with the first phase of 103 million yuan completed and put into production; Shuanghesheng has finished three phases of ecological agricultural product projects with 60 million yuan and, which exceeds EU standards.
IV. Promoting the development of characteristic industrial clusters with innovation. We have promoted the regional characteristic brand construction with the standards of advanced regions in the same industry at home and abroad, strengthening advantages, making up for shortcomings, and increasing powers.
In terms of the high-end metal materials industry, we have focused on steel, precision casting, construction template support, and industrial sewing machine parts processing, highlighting innovation, accelerating the extension of the industrial chain, and developing high-end products. 43 technological transformation projects have been implemented to comprehensively improve the level of technical equipment.
In terms of the fur industry, we have introduced industrial design concepts, to connect with clothing associations and clothing design institutes based on local fur resources, supporting Penghao Clothing and other companies to establish corporate design R&D centers, develop characteristic products, and promote industrial innovation and development. We have invited professional companies to formulate strategic plans and design logos for Changli fur brands, to create the “Changli fur” regional public brand.
In terms of the sweet potato industry, we have focused on the research and development of new products, including sweet potato leaf tea, sweet potato starch, sweet potato pastries, instant vermicelli, sheet jelly, sweet potato pigments, sweet potato beverages, and dietary fiber, etc., and promoted the integration of the sweet potato industry with tourism through packaging tourism products, nurturing snacks, passing forward folk culture, and building characteristic towns, to enhance the value added products and industry reputation.
In terms of the prefabricated construction industry, we have focused on the development strategy of high-end, integration and branding, promoting the transformation of traditional building materials to prefabricated buildings based on the existing industrial foundation, developing the prefabricated building industry with prefabricated components and integrated home furnishing as the core, extending the industrial space, and upgrading the construction industry to the industrialization, green, and intelligence, to create a regional characteristic industrial cluster brand.
In terms of the agricultural products deep processing industry, we have improved inspection and testing capabilities, introducing key technical equipment, to meet public service needs. We have supported the construction of agricultural product marketing service platforms, developing new types of circulation formats and models such as direct supply and sales, “Internet + circulation”, and the Internet of Things.
In the next step, we will continue to focus on 12 development paths, consolidate the main responsibilities of cities and counties, strengthen overall planning and supervision, concentrate resources, carry out precise services, coordinate counties and districts, and strive for the development of county-level characteristic industries.
1. Support leading enterprises. We will select and support 2-3 leading enterprises of each characteristic industry, and guide a group of key enterprises to develop in the direction of “special, professional, characteristic, and new”. We will encourage leading companies to increase industry concentration and competitiveness through alliances, mergers, equity acquisitions, and promotion of integrated upstream and downstream operations, to build leading industries. We will cultivate leading enterprises, cooperating with China Grain Reserves Group, to accelerate the advancement of grain storage base projects, and make superior enterprises bigger and stronger with advantageous resources.
2. Promoting industry chain coordination. Based on the city’s leading industries and the county’s characteristic industries, we will conduct in-depth research on the development trends of construction and real estate, food processing, and life and health, to formulate targeted support measures, strive to supplement, extend and strengthen the chain to promote high-quality development of the industry.
3. Improving the service platform. We will integrate social resources and focus on the construction of professional and comprehensive public service platforms, to provide support for the development of characteristic industries.
We will focus on the construction of professional public service platforms such as technology research and development, industrial design, standard formulation, inspection and testing, and information services, to build a group of comprehensive public service platforms with high technical level, strong service capabilities, and radiation-driven functions. We will introduce a group of “industrial doctors”, build a group of “corporate clinics” and keep up with the well-known enterprises, to meet the common technology and service needs of enterprises.
International Channel Mobile Client